Friday, July 19, 2013

Rugged Maniac NYC 2013

Okay, so I'm a little behind on my race recaps...and blogging in general! 

Last year, I ran my first Rugged Maniac race with my dad and friend Kim!  We absolutely loved it, so this year we got an even bigger team together for the obstacle race.
So fresh and so clean!
The day started out warm and cloudy with a chance of rain, but quickly cleared for hot and sunny skies.  The course covered just over 3 miles at the Brooklyn Aviator Sports Complex.  There were around 20ish obstacles, including hurdles, walls, mud pits, rope nets, balance beams and a giant (terrifying) waterslide at the finish!

Here are just a few photos of our rugged race:
Climbing walls

More wall climbs


Mud pits!

Muddy smiles!


post-mud pit, pre-waterslide

Trapped in a rope net!

Way too tall waterslide!

We. Are. Rugged!

As you can tell, we had an absolute blast and will definitely be returning next year for more ruggedness!

1 comment: