Monday, October 18, 2010

Billy Goat 5K Race

Yesterday, my dad and I ran the Billy Goat 5k, a trail run that goes through James Baird State Park in Pleasant Valley, NY.  This was my first trail run and although it was challenging, I enjoyed it a lot! I had been warned that the course was essentially 1.5 miles uphill followed by 1.5 miles downhill, but the up seemed to go on much longer.  I have to admit, I think I preferred the uphill sections, since sprinting downhill is not my favorite. Running downhill is a constant fight against gravity and a lot of pounding on the knees.  Trail running is challenging because you have to keep your eyes on the ground to avoid all the rocks, roots and puddles. 

In the end, we finished with a time of 33minutes 30seconds, placing 100th out of 125 runners.  It was definitely not the fastest time, but I felt good, am proud of us for running and will definitely do it again next year!


Now it's time to break in my new clean running shoes...happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment