Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Must-Read Books!

If you're interested (like I am) in learning as much as you can about food and proper nutrition, there are certainly some fantastic informative and interesting books that I've stumbled upon in the last few years.  I'm a big Rachael Ray fan so I did include one of her recipe books, but all the others are intelligent and informative reads that cover WHY we eat, WHAT we eat, and HOW we should change our ways!

Here are a few of my favorites:

1. Mindless Eating, by Brian Wansink
2. The Omnivore's Dilemma, by Michael Pollan
3. My Life on the Run, by Bart Yasso
4. Rachael Ray's 30-minute Get Real Meals
5. Food, Inc. (Participant Guide to the film version)
6. Fast Food Nation, by Eric Schlosser
7. Food Rules: An Eater's Manifesto, by Michael Pollan
8. In Defense of Food, by Michael Pollan (can you tell I really enjoy his stuff?)


And a few I'm looking forward to reading soon:
1. The China Study
2. Eat, Drink and Be Healthy, by Dr. Walter Willett (*Dr. Willett is a professor of the Harvard School of Medicine, which released a very interesting alternative to the USDA's MyPyramid: Healthy Eating Pyramid)

I can honestly say these books changed the way I think about food production, preparation and consumption. Get reading and get informed!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment