Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday...Back on track!

Hey y'all! I got a lot of crap for skipping Thankful Thursday last week, so I'll try to make this one extra special! I'm in a fantastic mood today and here's why:


I'm thankful...


...for my fabulous friend who gifted me his registration for the Rugged Maniac race! Woohoo!


Such a nice surprise e-mail!


...for my sore, sore body.  I took a Body Sculpt class at the gym yesterday and I'm definitely feeling it today.  In a good way! I'll be ready for that Rugged Maniac in no time! (Also very thankful for a certain lady forcing me to go to the Body Sculpt class!)


...that it's baseball season!!!! Although it was a little bit of a rough start for my Yankees, we're back on track and ready for Opening Day at the stadium tomorrow.  Which I'll be watching at Stan's with my brother (and father..?).  Unless we finagle our way in...And yes, I just had to google if "finagle" is a real word!


...that I've been temporarily relieved of my dog-mothering duties.  He's visiting his Daddy for a few weeks.  Which means no waking up early for a walk, no drool all over my sheets and no getting attacked every time I blow dry my hair or change the garbage.  Although I miss his snoring and mush face.
Who wouldn't miss this guy?
...for a fabulous random night out with my friends last night.  We got together for a Happy Hour fundraiser for Kevin, who is doing a 100 mile bike ride to Montauk with Team in Training.  For those who don't know, TNT raises money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society through all sorts of these endurance events.  It's a fun way to get moving for a really great cause, and I commend Kevin for doing it! You can check out his story and donate money to the fantastic cause here.  Go Kev!

...for all you people who gave me crap for skipping this last week.  No matter what, when I write these Thursday posts, I feel happy.  Because I really do have so much to be thankful for and it's therapeutic to make yourself stop to think about it! And it just makes me happy that you all care enough to read my nonsense.


Now you tell me...what are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment