Sunday, September 30, 2012

Super Simple Apple Crisp

One of my very favorite things to bake (especially in the fall) is apple crisp.  I have lots of childhood memories of my mom and I going apple picking and then heading home to make homemade applesauce and apple crisp.  Typically I tweak my recipes to make them healthier, but I'm not messing with this family recipe!  Be sure to enjoy this sweet fall treat, but remember--everything in moderation! :)


Apple Crisp

-Apples (We love & use Macs but you can use Cortland, Fuji or Jonamacs too!)
-Butter (about 4 Tbsp)
-2 eggs
-1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups flour (I use half whole wheat to add a healthy boost)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Cinnamon to taste

1. Cover a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
2. Cut apples (I keep the skin on for added fiber!) and fill pan 3/4 full.
3. Sprinkle apples with cinnamon and ~1 Tbsp sugar.
4.  Slice butter into small pads and spread over top of apples.
5. Prepare the crumble: Mix sugar into 2 eggs (beaten).  Add flour, baking powder and salt.
6.  Get your hands dirty and crumble dough evenly over apples.  
7.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.
8.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
9. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment