Saturday, November 5, 2011

Going for my Goals: November

It's a few days into November and the kickoff to the holiday season, where it's so easy to fall off track from your health and fitness routine.  So many of the bloggers I follow have been posting their monthly goals, so I am inspired to follow suit.  It's so important to set goals and hold ourselves accountable in order to be successful!  I set goals for myself all the time, but have never written them down to be sure I achieve them before.  So here goes:

1.  Get back to strength training.  I may not be able to afford a gym membership right now, but I have awesome adjustable dumbbells that haven't been touched since I moved almost 3 months ago.

2.  Create a new running playlist.  My iPod always gives me a much needed boost, but it's time to switch up my tracks!

3.  Be sure to get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep each night! This will tough since I now have to be up at 4:30am to get out to my internship by 6!

4.  Continue to focus on positive people & things in life! Be thankful everyday.  (Lately if I'm struggling to get through a workout, I take a step back and remember that I am lucky to be able to do it, when so many others can't.)


 5.   STRETCH more. And maybe finally buy myself a foam roller!?

6.  Beat my time from last year's Turkey Trot! I'm not a competitive or fast runner, and this is a fairly hilly course, so I'd just like to be faster than last year's 47:48 (9:34 pace).


That should be more than enough for me to work on this month! In December, I will reflect on my achievements and set new exciting goals going forward! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment