Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Once again, I'm snagging great ideas from my fellow health bloggers! To keep up with my goal of staying positive and being thankful, I'm going to start writing "Thankful Thursday" posts.  This week, I'm eager to start because I feel like I have a lot to be thankful for!



Not so easy to leave this guy snuggled in bed to go for a run!

1. My snuggly dog.  This is Rocky's blog debut!  Many people use their dogs as an "excuse" to workout, but with my English bulldog, this doesn't work for me.  Most days I have to persuade him to get out of bed to go on a walk, so he may not be my running partner, but he's always a bright spot in my day!
 



2. Mini Clif bars! I always have these on hand in my bag, car, etc. as my go-to snack whenever I'm in a pinch! Just 100 calories and they're so darn cute!






My life.

3. My dayplanner. And Post-it notes. OK, all things organizational (highlighters, pens, folders..you name it!)  I might be a tad OCD, but I'd be a disaster without my planner to tell me when I'm working, running, having fun, etc.






what a handsome man!

4. My dad.  I have him to thank for not seeing the NYE Times Square ball drop until I was probably 10 years old and countless Thanksgiving mornings spent freezing my butt off because I was out cheering him on for a road race.  I also have him to thank for my love & passion for running.  Whether he knows it or not, he's taught me so much about hard work and determination.  He may not be an elite runner and has never won a race, but he inspires me everyday.



5. All things pumpkin.  Bread, muffins, pie, PANCAKES! Try this recipe from Fit Chick In The City! YUM!

Try to take some time today, this week, this month...and think about what things (however little or big) you're thankful for! Tune in next week for more things that make me happy! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment