Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lentil Loaf Recipe

Yesterday, after my 10 mile run to Manhattan and back, I got cookin! I made the lentil loaf I've been meaning to make for some time now.  What's a lentil loaf, you ask? Well, it's just a Meatloaf made with lentils instead of beef.  ;)


As I usually do, I searched around the internet for recipe ideas and then made up my own. It's delicious, super healthy, SO easy to make and inexpensive! What's not to love? 


So here's my recipe (makes 2 loaves):


Ingredients:
2 cups cooked lentils
1/2 large onion, chopped
2 gloves garlic, chopped
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables 
1 can peas, rinsed
1 sleeve whole wheat saltine crackers
2-3 Tablespoons Applesauce
1/2 cup ketchup
Salt & pepper to taste


1. Combine cooked lentils, onion, garlic, vegetables, and peas in a large bowl.  Mix (mash) together until well combined.
2. Stir in crackers and applesauce.
3. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Pack into loaf pan, top with ketchup as desired.
5. Bake in oven at 350F for approx. 45 minutes.  


That's it! So easy and yummy-enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment