Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday!

It's Thursday again, which means it's time for Thankful Thursday!  Let's get right down to it.  Today I'm feeling thankful for...
...snuggly bulldogs.  What's that, you say?  I use that one every week?  Oops, sorry.  But let's be honest--you'd be thankful for this too:

...the super supportive girl in my CrossFit class this week.  Pretty much anyone who has been to CrossFit will tell you how encouraging and welcoming "the box" is.  This week, I really struggled to get out of bed to get to class at 6am, only to find "rope climbs/weighted push-ups" written on the white board as part of the WOD.  Rope climbs are probably my worst nightmare and I was having a tough time with those weighted push-ups.  I was an inch away from collapsing on the ground when awesome-partner-girl said "You're doing great! Just think, lots of people can't even do one regular push-up...and we're doing them with added weight!"  And she is totally right!  Sometimes workouts are hard and putting things into perspective like that can really help reassure/motivate/inspire you. 

...laugh lines.  I don't get people who spend tons of money getting Botox or using fancy creams! I think wrinkles and laugh lines are proof that we're laughing and living and loving life!  Bring 'em on!

...brussels sprouts and beets.  Okay, I'm thankful for lots of vegetables...but this week I'm loving on these two.  Come back tomorrow for a special post highlighting my love for beets! :)

...this tweet from The Boring Runner:
It popped into my twitter feed on Tuesday and I immediately laughed.  Of course, I'm a huge  proponent of Greek yogurt and love that others recognize how superior it is to extra-sugary "light" yogurt alternatives.  Go Greek!


Okay, it's your turn!  What are you feeling thankful for today?!

No comments:

Post a Comment