Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Date with Donald

Random fact you may not know about me: I come from a crazy Disney family.  I guess it started with Mom & Dad's honeymoon to "The Most Magical Place on Earth" and 30+ years later, the Mouse is still a huge part of our lives! You won't catch me wearing Disney clothes or jewelry (sorry, Mom!), but by now I've learned to love and embrace it. I mean who doesn't want to spend their days eating breakfast with Disney princesses or riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad?
Ya know what's NOT crazy? Mickey Bars. They're delicious.
Something you probably have figured out by now is that I also come from a crazy runner dad.  

Put em together and whaddya got? Crazy Disney Runner people! My dad has run multiple Disney races and in January I'll be jumping on the bandwagon!

In other words, I've registered for my first Disney race. WDW Half Marathon, here I come!

My dad is once again doing the Goofy Challenge.  For those who don't know what that means, he'll be running the half-marathon with me Saturday, followed by a full marathon on Sunday.  As in the next day.  He's crazy.


See? Crazy. Not to mention great at fist-pumping!

I'm not quite ready for that kind of challenge yet, but perhaps one day! For now, I'm just psyched that I'll be frolicking around Magic Kingdom and Epcot for 13.1 miles and cheering Dad on for an additional 26.2! 

Bring on that Donald Duck medal! 

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get that Picture??? I don;t think I saw that one before.... and we need to get Donald tees for the Donald 1/2 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which picture? Your finisher one is stolen from your facebook!

      Delete