Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm a Big Girl Now.

Today I have a short but very sweet (non-running related) announcement to make:

I got a job! I am now a Clinical Dietitian for 3 floors of old folks at a nursing home/rehab facility here in Queens! I was hired last week, but it didn't feel real until yesterday, when I started training. 

This has been a very long time coming, given the lengthy process it takes to become a nutrition professional.  I feel like I've jumped through (almost) all the hoops it takes and I'm psyched to get started in my first big girl job. :)

It feels awesome that I'll be able to work towards paying off my debts rather than adding to them.  Don't worry...I'm sure a big portion of my income will still be reserved for new running shoes and race registrations.  Just a lot MORE of it will be paying back loans and bills.

In addition to managing my money, I'll now be making adjustments in my running/exercise routine.  Starting with becoming a morning runner.  Stay tuned for rants posts as my training continues as well as updates on my new career! :)

2 comments: