Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Presents for Pretty Girls

Good morning.  It's Thursday. It's 9:00 a.m. and I'm on the couch watching Live with Kelly! AKA I'm not interning today.  So you can bet I'm thankful today! 

1.  I'm so very thankful for a 4-day weekend.  I'm not interning today, or tomorrow. WOOHOO!

2. A nice healthy start to my day.  Hot tea, vanilla Chobani with blackberries & granola, and an orange.

yum.
3.  Presents for Pretty Girls.  Yesterday, I received some fantastic gifts in my mailbox.  I guess I can break this into 2 parts:

     a.  The first was several grocery store gift cards from my dear brother & sister-in-law.They must know how I'm struggling to get my fruit & veggie fix on my limited budget.  So I'm thankful for them and they're ridiculously generous gift.

     b.  The second package came from my father...the Adele Live at The Royal Albert Hall album.  This woman is so incredibly talented, absolutely beautiful and even funny.  This is a must-see/have. Love her. And Pops for getting it for me! :)


Thanks, Dad!

4. Rain. What's that saying? Something about if it never rained, you'd never appreciate the sun...?  Well I agree whole-heartedly.  Rain stinks, but it does make you value the good weather days!  And I kind of love running in the rain.  I seem to always feel great when I run on rainy days.  There are less people around, it cools me down, and I generally feel like a badass. 

5. Cancelling Christmas.  As you might have noticed from #2, my family is incredibly giving.  But a few years back, we decided to "cancel Christmas".  My poor mother gets upset everytime I say that, but in truth I think it's the best thing we've ever done.  We no longer have to stress out over money or figuring out what to buy each other, especially since we are lucky enough not to NEED anything.  This is not to say we don't still buy gifts at Christmas time.  It's just now we spend our money on a family who truly needs it.  We "adopt" a family and each choose one person in that family to purchase for.  This year, I have a 7-year old girl and am psyched to get shopping for that kid! Bring on the Barbies and board games!

Now I'm off for a quick run, followed by shopping til I drop! Happy Thankful Thursday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment