Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Goals for March Madness

Happy Leap Year! I'm not really sure if today is a holiday, but let's celebrate anyway! And by celebrate, I mean acknowledge that February is already over and set some goals for March.  

First, let's recap on my goals for February:

1.  Cook more and better meals during the week. Fail. My dinners have definitely not improved.  Anyone have fun interesting recipes they can share to inspire me?
2. Take a kickboxing class. Fail. Let's carry this one over to March.
3. Keep up with yoga. YES! One down! I've been very good about going to yoga at least once, sometimes twice a week.  I did miss it this past Sunday due to my knee injury, however. :(
4. Hydrate better at work. Check! :)I'm very conscious of keeping water with me or taking breaks to get water. 
5. Run at least 70 miles in February. MAJOR fail.  I ran a measly 51 miles this month. I started getting paranoid about my hip, so I cut back running to 3 times a week.  I'm not happy with not reaching my goal, but I'd much rather ward off injury than push myself just to meet a certain mileage.  An healthy runner=a happy runner.


So, I was less than successful in meeting February's goals.  I'll be carrying those into March Madness and adding a few:

1.  Complete my first half-marathon. This is going to happen.  No question! (24 days!)
2. Focus on my upper body strength.  Do at least ONE unassisted pull-up.  I know, that sounds ridiculous.  But to be honest, I was that girl dangling on the rope in gym class and skipping the pull-up part of fitness tests.  I don't think I've ever done a pull-up on my own.  This is the month.
3. Take my dog on longer walks. This will be a tough one, given his stubborn nature and general dislike of walks that go further than one block.  But longer walks will help manage his weight and get me moving a little more too!


3 goals should be enough for March, considering I have 3 fails carrying over from February.  Goodbye, February.  Hello, March Madness. Let's do this!


What are your goals this month?  How do you celebrate your accomplishments or manage your failures?





No comments:

Post a Comment