Monday, January 23, 2012

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip "Mookies"

It's no secret that I like to bake.  Most of the time I'm modifying regular recipes so they're more nutritious, but still delicious.  So when I noticed we had some overripe bananas, I knew it was time to get my bake on! I always make banana bread (which is delicious) but I wanted to switch it up! After a quick search on Allrecipes.com, I came across a few recipes for banana oatmeal cookies.  However, so many of them included things I didn't have on-hand and don't normally bake with...like buttermilk or shortening (gross).  

So I decided to wing it. 


This resulted in some absolutely delicious (and somewhat healthy) "mookies" (muffin-cookies).  They're shaped like cookies, and look like cookies, but have more of a muffin texture.  Whatever you want to call them, they're yummy.  

Mookie.
Here's my recipe:


1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flours, baking soda, ground cloves, cinnamon and oats.
3. In a separate bowl, combine butter and sugar.  Add eggs, vanilla and mashed banana.
4.  Add banana mixture to flour and oat combination.  Mix well.
5. Stir in chocolate chips (if desired).
6. Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment