That being said, incorporating foods completely lacking in color can be just as nutritional. These seemingly boring white foods are loaded with bold health benefits!
- Cottage cheese is a good source of calcium and protein. Be sure to pick low-fat or fat-free options!
- Garlic is heart healthy, as it works to reduce blood cholesterol and triglycerides!
- Potatoes are low-calorie (as long as you don't add a ton of cheese, sour cream or oil) and higher in fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, potassium and many other nutrients!
- Yogurt/Kefir is packed with calcium and phosphorus, as well as healthy bacteria to boost your immune system.
- Onions are similar to garlic in their cardiovascular benefits and they are rich inquercetin, a flavonoid found to reduce inflammation.
- Mushrooms are technically neither plant nor animal, so these delicious fungi are able to provide a variety of nutrients that may be lacking from other sources. Mushrooms are high in copper, selenium, riboflavin, niacin and pantothenic acid.
Eat Right & Eat WHITE! :)