Saturday, January 14, 2012

Update: I'm in a relationship.

You heard it here first: I'm in a committed relationship. 


Ok, fine I'm still single. 


But I FEEL like I'm in a relationship with running.  In fact, I think it's safe to say I'm falling in love with it.  It is my release, both physically and mentally.  Running is selfish and it's one of the only things I do that is just for me.  

Let me count the ways in which running is my new boyfriend:

1.  We're getting to know each other.  We're in that beginning phase of seeing what each other is comfortable with and I'm learning something new about it everyday. 

2.  I have to schedule time for him (ahem, it).  Just like when you're in a relationship, you have to make time for the other person and schedule dates.  I do this weekly with my training plan. And my handy day-planner.  :)

3.  It makes me feel good about myself (most of the time).  

4. "He" makes me eat more.  Ya know how everyone says you gain weight in relationships?  Yeah...  (Although we do share my favorite food group: carbohydrates!)

5.  Running plays mind games with me.  It is not easy.  It takes a lot of mental strength just to get your shoes laced up and out the door!  I definitely have to reassure myself with positive thoughts and remember that I always feel better after a run than I do before it.




I think I'll keep running around for awhile.  This relationship has great potential and I'm excited to see what's in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment